Wednesday, January 29, 2014

post 4

The first thing I thought when I read Tell Me What You Know About Dismemberment was that this guy (or girl) has some issues.  The second thing I thought was that this person (seriously I can't read cursive that well so I have no idea who they are, I can make out what I think is a B, H, A, and N from the first name and I think the other names are Kapil and Rider.  Anyway.) is extremely lazy and has some issues.  I kind of like the feeling of laziness I get from it (I can relate.) but the violence in the poem really makes me think that he/she has issues.  Did I mention I think he/she has issues?

I like Gabion Parapet because now everyone can feel how I do when I try to read poems.  I seriously have no clue what this is about.  I feel like I'm in the movie The Shining (I have not actually seen it but I have seen the Simpson's version and that's pretty much the same thing right?) realizing that the person who wrote this is going crazy.  The only message I can see this poem giving is don't do drugs kids, and no TV and no beer make Homer go crazy. (That's how the movie goes right?)

So I looked at that one Emily Dickinson one, you know that one, the one with the thing and the other thing, yeah that's the one.  It's the one with the 377 (949) over it.  Anyway from the looks of it the poem is saying that we are fare away fro the dead and I mean FAR away, like so incredibly far that- alright I'll stop.  I'm not really sure what actual meaning is in this poem, it sounds like she just found a poetic way of saying that the dead are very very very very very Very very very very very very very very very very very very *Deep inhale* very very very very very very^1000000000000 far away.  I'm not trying to be insulting I just don't know what's going on in any of these poems so I look for humor in them and go off of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment