Wednesday, April 2, 2014

post 12

I found Mint Snowball to be interesting.  The description of the store reminds me of the ones you see in old movies that are like a grocery/convenience store/dinner that everyone it town shops at.  The mint snowball has a very vivid description that I can almost taste while reading.  When the recipe got sold it felt like a museum selling a great piece of art to a private collector with the chance of never resurfacing again and I understood how the writer felt when she related herself to it.

Mute Dancers was able to have the information one would expect in a research essay put in such a way that it felt like a story.  the essay jumped between telling peoples personal experiences with hummingbirds to explaining their history to describing their biology all in an interesting way.  The writer was able to tell so much about them in less space than you would expect an informative essay.  I have to say I didn't think I would find hummingbirds so fascinating.

1 comment:

  1. say a bit more here, 8/10
    otherwise great responses here the past few weeks...

    ReplyDelete